Monday, June 18, 2007

To leave everyone happy

...and to leave everyone happy with what you do also violates the Second Law of Thermodynamics.

This is an observation. It seems we can't apply laws from macroscopical, unanimated objects to people's personalities. But both of the mentioned attitudes seem to me completely impossible. And both involve less probable states and less disorder. This leads me to the conclusion that the famous Second Law is involved.

So we have to live just as we can, and try our best to be happy. But it seems to me that invariably, I will trespass on someone else. What do I do? Should I do what I want to do, assuming every cost (which I will have to assume anyway, because it's just the laws of nature), or should I live the most perfect life I can? I won't have it easy anyway, so it's almost the same. There will be happiness and misery anyway. It seems there's no point in doing anything.

No comments: